When I started writing blogs to share small code snippets I used to fight a lot to align them and style them. This was one of the friction point to share code snippets and there is no fun in technical blog without snippets 🙂 . Then since last few months I was seeing lot of blogs with gists. This is a very easy, effective and beautiful way to share and manage code snippets with community.
Simple steps to start using gists on free wordpress hosting :
- Create a github account if you dont have any yet
- Go to following URL : https://gist.github.com/
- Create gist by choosing the programming language, providing proper description and actual code
- Copy the link on left bottom on the page with label “Link to this gist”
- Use following wordpress macro :
[gist https://gist.github.com/ggembali/5530489 ]
I just learned it this morning and below is my first gist 🙂 .